Any talent agency that requires you to pay upfront and everything in house before they shoot projects over to you is a SCAM. Urban Talent has been doing this for a long time now.
I also notice they now have been starting to hide their name from their advertising on various sites. They will put "realish" jobs on the listings and then when you contact them, they will have their name on the bottom of the email. They still won't let you know they are from Urban Talent bluntly.
They use fake behind the scene photos that was not one of their projects to lure people in among other unethical marketing practices.
They surprise also use fake people in the initial contact! Check out http://www.urbantalent.com/about-urban/our-staff and the Boise Director with no real name. They start with her in the initial contacts with clients then push you off to someone else.
I also notice they are redirecting and limiting ALL their facebook pages. Yes, you heard right, there is multiple facebook pages :)
Look at real reviews on their facebook, a 3.3 star rating is terrible. It all has to do with forcing people to pay upfront for their classes (starting at 2,000) as well as using their own in house headshots guy. They will tell you if your headshot guy is good, then you can use them but I gave sample headshots from LA and they said it wasn't good enough.
STAY FAR AWAY FROM URBAN TALENT!
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Talent Agency
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I Found Express Moves, owned and operated by Robert Mayes, on Thumbtack. I told him I lived in and ran my on-line business out of a small shared 2-bedroom..."
- "Kickrank is a scam. They post their own reviews and use a template based website. Their claims are all fake: they bought an exciting web domain to look older. They..."
- "Scam happened in Japan. Knockoff ”AQUAZZURA” from online shopping ”BUYMA” in Japan and the buyer name ☆slash☆. When I opened the shoe box, I just felt ”Hmm, Seems Aquazzura professional shoe makers fed up..."
- "We bought a 2016 Forest River Forester 2401W. We bought it on March 5,2016 and it had a ripped screen by the dinette. We were told that it..."
- "I spent over 3300 on blinds for my new home. The local installer was a nice guy. The blinds were inconstant colors and every window had 3-5 bent blinds. some of them..."
- "I order 21 white roses, 3 lilies and 5 coronations. They deliver 1 day latter, and there was not a single flower in the basket!!!(and it suppose to be in..."
- "My first purchase from this internet company of a 17.00 Hummingbird Feeder with a nearly $12.00 S&H charge, of which is 70 % of the cost. For some unknown reason, the..."
- "Upon arriving in Nacogdoches, I checked my phone, Days Inn, fairly close, reasonably priced, ok why not. The young lady, that checked us in, would rather get back to texting,..."
- "I bought a primo bottom loader water cooler it also Wiil give u hot water for tea etc. I had it for 6. Months and both functions failed. ..."